Middle Eastern Costume Sites
= Personal favorites
- Costume Goddess, The — Belly dance costuming, includes patterns, costume design, and construction.
- Dar Anahita — Maghribi, Andalusian, Persian, Ottoman, Mamluk, and Egyptian clothing & textile from the 9th-14th centuries.
- In Prayse of the Needle — Site by Jane Stockton has Elizabethan & Persian dress diaries. Also embroidery samples and documentation.
- Miriam’s Middle Eastern Research Blog — Links to articles and web sites about Middle Eastern clothing of the 12th century and later.
- Oriental Costumes: Their Designs and Colors — By Max Tilke. Images from book written in 1922.
- Rashid’s Persian Patterns — As the title suggests, patterns for Persian 14th-16th c. clothing by Rashid.
- Recreating the Costume of Medieval Persia New! — Article by Richard Cullinan on men’s clothing of Medieval Persia.